ISO 45001 Lead Auditor
This highly regarded course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to assess the conformance of an organisation’s occupational health and safety management system with ISO 45001.
As more organisations move towards seeking validation of their management systems against internationally recognised standards, the introduction of ISO 45001 will result in the demand for lead auditors continuing to rise. This qualification will provide the knowledge required to transition to ISO 45001 and carry out audits against this new standard.
Those wishing to plan, organise, conduct or lead a team of auditors to carry out first, second and third party audits to the ISO 45001 standard. No previous auditing experience is required but Students are expected to have a basic understanding of health and safety and will find possession of outline knowledge of BS OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001 helpful.
The course content covers a range of topics and by the end of the course students will be able to:
- Interpret the audit implications of ISO 45001 and explain the benefits of OH&S management system audits.
- Select team members and coordinate the team activities.
- Take the lead at opening and closing meetings.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of occupation health and safety management systems auditing terminology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the audit process including planning, conducting and reporting.
- Carry out audits in accordance with the principles established in ISO 19011 “Guidelines for Management System Auditing”.
- Conduct audit interviews, observe processes and examine documents to obtain objective evidence about the status of the system.
- Prepare and present verbal and written audit reports.
- Determine nonconformities and allocate major or minor criteria.
- Decide upon an appropriate follow-up audit.
In order to attain the iAS ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Certificate learning is assessed by continuous assessment and written assessments. The written assessment comprises:
- Paper 1 – Audit principles.
- Paper 2 – Conducting audits to ISO 45001.
The enrolment was quick and easy with all forms completed by one of their trained members of staff, the venues for the training were chosen with care to offer all delegates the best facilities and environment for their training and the communication throughout was excellent, no problem was too small and the staff at ACT were always there to give assistance by using many different methods of communication.