NEBOSH National General Certificate
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides a comprehensive understanding of the general health & safety issues that affect organisations of all shapes and sizes. It provides the information that is required to enable proper and effective management of risks, as well as covering a range of common workplace hazards and methods of control. The NEBOSH General Certificate also covers UK Legislation and how to meet key legal requirements.
We are very proud to be a Gold Standard NEBOSH Learning Partner.
Our course includes 9 days of tutor led classroom teaching, along with the direction and supporting materials that you will need in order to complete your exam and risk assessment.
ACT also offer additional support before exam dates by the way of optional Tutorial Days.
This course comprises of 2 Units, both of which must be successfully completed to obtain the full certificate:
- NG1 – Management of Health and Safety
- NG2 – Risk assessment
Available Learning Routes:
This qualification is designed for managers, supervisors, team leaders and those aspiring to these roles that will have responsibilities to manage health and safety in the workplace. No prior knowledge of health and safety is required in order to take this course.
If you are looking to start a career in health and safety or require health and safety knowledge in your role this qualification provides you with the knowledge that you will need to:
- Justify the need for improvements to health and safety
- Work under a health and safety management system
- Have a positive influence on the health and safety culture of your workplace
- Be a part of incident investigations
- Carry out general risk assessments following a 5 step approach
- Develop basic safety systems including emergency arrangements
- Recognise and manage the impacts of a changing workplace
A vast majority of roles within the health and safety industry ask for a form of NEBOSH qualification as a requirement for the role.
The only requirement for this NEBOSH qualification is a suitable standard of English language.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is an occupational health and safety qualification that covers the main legal requirements for the management of health and safety in the workplace within the UK.
The course is split into two units and 11 elements:
Unit NG1: Management of health and safety
- Element 1: Why should we manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk assessment
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
This health and safety course requires further study outside of the tutor led classroom hours. NEBOSH suggests that this is typically around 40 hours of private study and background reading, though this figure will differ between individuals.
This qualification is split into two separately assessed units. Assessment for unit NG1 is an open book/online examination, and assessment for unit NG2 is a work-based practical examination.
All units must be successfully completed within 5 years to achieve the full NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
For more information on the assessments please contact one of our NEBOSH course advisors:
Course 4 2020
The subject matter knowledge is excellent and examples are relevant to the course. The approach is relaxed and very grown up and encourages all to interject and add additional depth to the subject.