NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work
This brand-new course has been developed by NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive to address the need for individuals of all levels to have an understanding of risk assessment that will enable them to take appropriate actions to resolve issues.
ACT will be delivering this course online via video conferencing software as a one (full) day programme, led by an expert tutor with both experience in teaching and practical experience in health and safety. We are a Gold Standard NEBOSH Learning Partner, and have been successfully delivering our NEBOSH training online via video conferencing since the beginning of the pandemic.
The course focuses on the importance of controlling risks and taking practical steps to protect people from harm.
Upon completion of the course learners will be able to:
- Identify hazards that may need controlling and what resources can help with this.
- Understand what is required of them when it comes to risk assessment paper work
- Know what steps to take to effectively manage and control workplace risk
- Evaluate risks in a sensible manner that will allow them to be addressed
The course has been designed by NEBOSH and the HSE to be accessible and easy to understand. It is aimed at individuals who have never done a risk assessment before, and will help them to develop a strategy of assessing risks that is not over the top, or lengthy.
There are no qualification-based requirements to taking this course.
The course is ideal for small business owners, employers, managers, workplace safety representatives and workers needing to complete or be involved in risk assessments.
Element 1: Why manage health and safety risks
Element 2: Managing risk
- Identifying and understanding the risks
- Controlling the risks
Element 3: Managing Risk:
- Sources of information and the application of HSE risk assessment tools
The assessment involves completing 3 short video-based scenarios by assessing the risks and choosing which action will be appropriate based on its cost, practicality and relevance.
Learners will then make an action plan of their recommendations.
The business case for providing NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work to your employees:
We’ve been delivering health and safety training for 30 years, and are able to deliver this training online via video conferencing software such as Zoom and teams, and in the classroom.
Why should you upskill your team with this course?:
- The course has been designed to be accessible to all, and risk assessment skills are key for maintaining good health and safety.
- Worker involvement and understanding of risk assessment processes can help to ensure that controls are not only reasonably practicable but will also work when applied.
- The course has been created by NEBOSH and the HSE which gives you the peace of mind that it’s aligned with the HSE’s current approach to health and safety risk management.
- The course focuses on not only assessing risk, but also appropriately addressing issues which can help to prevent inaction through extensive paperwork or overanalyses.
- Training multiple members of staff with the same course means that they are all on the same page and can work together to manage risks.
[The tutor] was an extremely capable teacher of the course material, and made the learning pleasant and easy."