Why use a competent person consultancy service?
Whether you are a business that does not currently have a strong health and safety strategy established, or you have your own health and safety specialists on hand, a competent person service can provide a great third party view of the health and safety within your organisation, and work with you to manage your health and safety needs.
Our competent person consultancy services are delivered by a member of ACT’s specialist team. We can provide you with an independent view of the health and safety within your organisation. Our specialist can then develop or maintain a high standard of health and safety that is tailored directly to the business, creating reports and providing advice that is directly concerned with the risks that appear in the workplace and how to manage them.
Typically this service entails our competent person visiting the workplace on a fixed schedule to aid in maintaining good health and safety practice.
- Performing inspections of the workplace to ensure that everything is up to recognised standards.
- Implementing management system based goals to work towards to develop strategies, guidelines and policies.
- Provide an independent & unbiased viewpoint as to what/who may be impacting health and safety in the workplace both positively and negatively.
- Create reports on a monthly basis that document the health and safety progress in the workplace.
- Review staff training requirements.
- Process any accident/injury reports to enforcement agencies.
Utilising a competent person service is a great way to ensure safety standards are being met and maintained in the workplace. Ensuring high standards of health and safety reduces risk of incidents and accidents, which in turn can have a positive effect on workforce morale.
Contract Support Services enable you and your organisation to know that you are not on your own and that help is available when needed.
If you already have a Competent Person in post but need additional support we can work with them to provide time effective solutions.
If you require specific support with the development or review of risk assessments our service will provide you with cost effective solutions.
We can provide you with an appropriate Health and Safety Policy/ Manual that suits your style and the risks that you are managing.
We can provide services that will help you to establish the status of your organisation and identify actions to improve risk management.