National General Certificate Study Book
This publication is a study book and revision tool for the latest syllabus of the NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. This study book is the 11th edition of NEBOSH General Certificate study guides from RMS Publishing, and is fully up to date with the NEBOSH Syllabus.
This book has been created by health and safety experts, who not only have relevant experience of working in the field, but are also experienced tutors who have taught the qualification that this study guide supports.
The book has been designed to follow the elements of the NEBOSH General Certificate syllabus, covering each element in depth to aid you in completing your course.
This study guide is perfect for students taking the NEBOSH General Certificate as it includes relevant examples, case studies, pictures and study questions that make the information more engaging and help you to assess your learning. This publication also features a revision checklist and guide, together with exam style questions that are reflective of NEBOSH exam questions to test and reinforce understanding and allow you to practice answering exam-style questions.
This book is also great for tutors that teach the course – it’s fully comprehensive and follows in detail and structure every element of the syllabus, providing a valuable and detailed understanding of the principles and practices involved in the management of workplace health and safety.
RMS Publishing have been producing study books for NEBOSH courses for over 22 years, and all of the materials that they make are developed in collaboration with health and safety experts.
ACT Associates are the active distributor for RMS Publishing materials worldwide.
The syllabus for the National General Certificate itself was developed by NEBOSH after extensive consultation with experts from all areas of occupational health and safety.
RMS Publishing have produced this study book for the National General Certificate from this syllabus, to ensure it meets the very latest specification guidelines.
RMS work alongside expert tutors with experience in the field as well as teaching, to make sure our textbook is detailed, easy to understand, and goes above and beyond to prepare learners for their assessment.
This publication includes:
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
• Element 1 Why we should manage workplace health and safety
• Element 2 How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
• Element 3 Managing risk – understanding people and process
• Element 4 Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
• Element 5 Physical and psychological health
• Element 6 Musculoskeletal health
• Element 7 Chemical and biological agents
• Element 8 Workplace hazards and risk control
• Element 9 Work Equipment
• Element 10 Fire
• Element 11 Electricity
• Assessments – Exam and Risk Assessment
• Revision and examination guidance
• Relevant Statutory Provisions
- Stock for this product is kept at our Midlands offices.
- We offer next day signed for delivery as standard for all UK mainland addresses.*
- Orders must be placed before 2pm and delivery times do not include weekends and bank holidays.
- A signature is required upon delivery of the book(s).
*Next day delivery does not include overseas, and parts of Scotland (Inverness and the highlands may take longer). We can’t always guarantee next day delivery due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances, e.g. inclement weather.