NEBOSH National General Certificate
Use the drop-down menu above to find out more about this course, or contact one of our NEBOSH course advisors.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides a comprehensive understanding of the general health & safety issues that affect organisations of all shapes and sizes. It aims to provide the information that is required to enable proper and effective management of risks, as well as covering a range of common workplace hazards and methods of control. The NEBOSH General Certificate also covers UK Legislation and how to meet key legal requirements.
Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Justify the need for improvements to health and safety
- Work under a health and safety management system
- Have a positive influence on the health and safety culture of your workplace
- Be a part of incident investigations
- Carry out general risk assessments following a 5 step approach
- Develop basic safety systems including emergency arrangements
- Recognise and manage the impacts of a changing workplace
No previous knowledge is required to complete this course, so it’s a fantastic way to kick start your career in health and safety.
At ACT we have an established history of providing excellent NEBOSH Health and Safety training. We’ve been providing students with courses for the NEBOSH General Certificate for over 28 years, we are confident that we can offer you the training and guidance that you need. We are a Gold Standard Learning Partner, trusted by NEBOSH to deliver good quality courses.
No prior knowledge of health and safety is required to complete this course, and as such it is great for any level of experience. A vast majority of health and safety roles ask for a form of NEBOSH qualification as a requirement for the role.
This qualification is ideal for managers, supervisors, or anyone with health and safety responsibilities. It provides information that is applicable to many different challenges in the modern workplace, and is therefore suitable for different sizes of business.
The only requirement for this NEBOSH certificate level qualification is a suitable standard of English language.
Completion of the NEBOSH General Certificate is a recommended first step to take before taking the NEBOSH National Diploma course.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate covers many aspects of health and safety, it is a very comprehensive qualification and as such it covers:
- The main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK
- Identification and control of workplace hazards
- Effective management of risks
- How to practically apply the knowledge of the course to real life situations
The content of the syllabus is divided into 11 elements; Unit NG1: management of health and safety, and Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
The content of the assessment is split into two units.
The Unit NG1, Management of Health and Safety, is a question paper. It consists of one 20 mark question, and ten 8 mark questions.
Unit NG1: Management of health and safety
- Why should we manage workplace health and safety?
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
The Unit NG2, Risk Assessment is a practical application of knowledge shown via a written risk assessment of your workplace.
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment.
Course 2 2020
Course 3 2020
Course 4 2020
The subject matter knowledge is excellent and examples are relevant to the course. The approach is relaxed and very grown up and encourages all to interject and add additional depth to the subject.