NEBOSH Fast Track Construction Certificate Course (2014 Specification)
If you have achieved your NG1 (2018 syllabus), or the NGC1 (2014 syllabus) and you would like to use these units to complete the National Construction Certificate Course (NCC1/NCC2), this course on May 17th in the West Midlands will be our last taught course to this specification.
- Units achieved for the 2014 specifications (NGC1, NG1, NCC1, NCC2) are not transferable to the new 2019 specification.
- If you are already registered for an exam against the 2014 construction specification you are able to continue and complete your qualification until the 22nd of June 2023.
- If you are already registered for a construction certificate unit assessment you will be unable to transfer onto the new specification.
- The last assessment date for the November 2014 construction certificate specification is the 21st July 2021
- You can still register and complete these units using our e-learning course until December 31st 2021.
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is a leading health and safety qualification in the UK. It provides learners with the knowledge that they need in order to identify, evaluate, and control a wide range of workplace hazards that are relevant to the construction industry. The course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK, such as an understanding of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
The course comes with complimentary access to the full e-learning course. We will also provide you with a copy of the accompanying book.
Exam Tutorial sessions can be purchased (£159.00 + VAT) as an optional extra for those that would like additional support before sitting their exam. The tutorial session will be held on June 1st, 3 days prior to the exam. Exam tutorials are a great way to re-cap your learning, cover off any last minute questions, develop your exam technique and know what to expect in your exam.
You will have 5 full-day sessions taught by one of our expert NEBOSH tutors at our midlands venue. These sessions follow the syllabus closely and are designed to be interactive, informative and student-based.
Unit NCC1 – Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Element 1: Construction law and management
- Element 2: Construction site – hazards and risk control
- Element 3: Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Work equipment – hazards and risk control
- Element 6: Electrical safety
- Element 7: Fire safety
- Element 8: Chemical and biological health – hazards and risk control
- Element 9: Physical and psychological health – hazards and risk control
- Element 10: Working at height – hazards and risk control
- Element 11: Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
- Element 12: Demolition and deconstruction – hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2 – Construction health & safety practical application
A construction workplace health and safety inspection including findings and a report to management with possible improvements.
The fast track qualification is assessed with two individual units.
Assessment for the units is comprised of one invigilated written examination (NCC1), taken at a registered examination venue, and a work-based practical examination (Unit NCC2), completed based on your workplace.
This fast track course is for those that are already holders of the NG1 or NGC1 unit. In order to achieve the full NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety, you must have successfully completed NG1/NGC1, NCC1, NCC2 within 5 years.