NEBOSH International General Certificate E-learning
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides a broad understanding of the health and safety issues that affect all types of organisations and enables risks to be managed effectively. As well as covering a range of workplace hazards and methods of control, it includes reference to international standards relating to the management of health and safety at work.
Why choose our e-learning?
We are proud to be a Gold Standard NEBOSH Learning Partner.
Our e-learning is designed with the user in mind:
- Flexible – Learn online at a pace that suits you and your lifestyle. Our online platform is easy to use, and if you take a break you can simply click resume to pick up right where you left off.
- Expert Tutors – course materials have been created by our tutors who have been delivering NEBOSH training courses for over 28 years.
- Accessible – Our E-learning can be access 24/7 from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Informative – Our E-learning is split into 11 separate modules. The course follows the NEBOSH Syllabus closely to ensure that you have the knowledge and information that you need for your assessments.
- Cost effective – E-learning provides all of the course content without the added cost of a classroom, travel or time off.
- Tutor support – We offer tutor support via email. If you have any questions that you need help with one of our expert tutors will reply to you.
- Telephone Technical Support – We have technical support available via telephone during UK office hours (8:30am to 5pm GMT).
- Email Technical Support – If your time zone means that you cannot call during our UK office hours we are able to reply to any technical problems as soon as possible via email.
Want to try it out?
Click below to sign up for a 14 day free trial. You'll be able to explore the e-learning package to see if this popular learning route is right for you.Start free trial
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is recommended for Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who are responsible for implementing and maintaining Health and Safety practices within their organisation.
It is a great qualification for people that are looking to start their career in health and safety, or for those already working in this environment who are looking to develop their current knowledge and skills.
The course is designed to highlight health and safety responsibilities and identify hazards within the international workplace.
NEBOSH recommends that learners have achieved an International English Language Testing System of 6.0 or higher in order to complete this course.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate covers the main international requirements for health and safety. The course covers essential learning such as why health and safety management is important in the workplace, and how to identify and control workplace hazards.
Completing this qualification successfully will help you to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvement
- Advise on the main duties for health and safety at work
- Help to manage contractors and visitors to your workplace
- Work within a health and safety management system (such as ISO 45001)
- Carry out general risk assessments at work
…and more important essential health and safety skills.
The syllabus for the course is split into two units, and 11 elements listed below:
Unit IG1: Management of health and safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk assessment
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
The course takes approximately 110 hours of study to complete. It is recommended that you work through the course material and read around the topics to increase your understanding.
The assessment is completed in two parts:
The element one and two of the qualification are assessed separately. Unit IG1 is an exam based assessment that measures what you know, and unit NG2 is a work-based practical risk assessment to show how you can apply your knowledge.
The unit IG1 exam is an open book exam that is completed online.
The unit IG2 is a practical risk assessment that you upload to the e-learning platform.
Assessments for this course are booked and purchased separately.
For more information about the assessments for this course please contact one of our NEBOSH course advisors.
Course Advisor Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
UK Office Phone Line: 01384 447915