ISO 14001 Internal Environmental Auditor
This 2 day iAS accredited course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills required to assess the conformance of parts of an organisation’s environmental management system against ISO 14001:2015.
The iAS Internal Environmental Auditor ISO 14001 course is designed for those wishing to understand and apply the principles and techniques that are required for conducting effective environmental audits within their own organisation. No prior EMS, auditing or environmental management experience is necessary.
- Review of environmental issues.
- Environmental management systems – ISO 14001.
- Overview of environmental legislation.
- Identifying effective assessment of environmental risks.
- Types of environmental audit.
- The roles and responsibilities of internal environmental auditors.
- Audit principles and process.
- Auditing part of an environmental management system to ISO 14001.
- Planning the audit, including objectives, scope and criteria.
- Practical audit skills, including checklist development.
- Briefing and premises tour.
- Conducting audit interviews, observing processes and examining documents to obtain objective evidence about the status of the environmental management system.
- Determining nonconformities, allocation of major or minor criteria and proposed corrective and improvement actions.
- Presentation of findings.
- Preparation of factual and effective written audit reports.
- Deciding upon appropriate follow-up.
- Relationship of internal audits to management review and continual improvement.
In order to attain the iAS Internal Auditor ISO 14001 award learning is assessed by written and practical assessments. Delegates must pass both assessments in order to achieve the award.
Successful students will be awarded the iAS Internal Auditor ISO 14001 certificate to recognise their achievement.
The enrolment was quick and easy with all forms completed by one of their trained members of staff, the venues for the training were chosen with care to offer all delegates the best facilities and environment for their training and the communication throughout was excellent, no problem was too small and the staff at ACT were always there to give assistance by using many different methods of communication.