IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors Virtual Course
This course is taught over the period of one day via the video conferencing software Zoom. This allows us to provide a high quality, tutor led course in a way that is both accessible and convenient.
The IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors is designed to brief senior executives, directors and corporate policy makers on the essential health and safety issues that affect all modern businesses.
The objective of the course is to enable senior staff to contribute to the review of policy, the creation of strategies, and where necessary to introduce changes to their organisation’s operation that will make it a safer workplace.
IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors covers a range of topics including:
- The moral, legal and financial case
- PLAN – Planning for Health and Safety
- DO – Implementing Health and Safety
- CHECK – Monitoring Health and Safety Performance
- ACT – Improving Health and Safety Performance
The course is intended for those that hold operational or strategic accountability for an organisation as a whole, or in part. Typically this means that the course is best suited for delegates who’s employment is in the position of a director, senior executive, policy maker, board member or other similar executive roles*.
The course requires no formal health and safety qualifications.
*Head/executive of a school/college board, trustee of a charity, elected member of a council, small to medium business owners, members of governance structures.
By the end of the course successful delegates will be able to:
- Describe the legal, moral and financial role of directors, owners and other senior management including their responsibilities, liabilities and accountability, on both personal and organisational levels.
- Understand the importance of health and safety at top levels, and how leadership can integrate health and safety objectives into other business objectives.
- Develop and implement a health and safety policy, then integrate it into the business.
- Explain the value of well-resourced and efficient health and safety management systems.
- Understand the values of well trained staff at all levels of the business.
- Understand the importance of reviewing health and safety policies and management systems, to continually improve them.
- Value the importance of setting performance targets and indicators to monitor and review.
To be eligible to achieve a pass, and receive the IOSH certificate for this course, delegates must attend the whole course and complete the end-of-course personal commitment.
The delegate will write up three actions for the future that they will commit to taking. These actions should be designed to enhance their health and safety performance, and indirectly enhance the performance of their organisation.