CITB Directors’ Role for Health and Safety
This one day course, targeted at company directors, highlights the human, economic and financial implications of non-compliance with health and safety legislation.
This course can help you to effectively promote a positive health and safety culture within your organisation and gives a wealth of knowledge that can be used at senior management level within the construction industry. Explore your legal responsibilities and learn how decisions made by directors and senior executives impact on the health and safety of your workforce.
The course is for Company Directors. Even if you are not directly responsible for Health & Safety in your company, in your role as a Company Director you have joint responsibility with your fellow directors under Health and Safety legislation.
This course covers:
- Moral and human costs and the implications of decisions made in the boardroom
- The economic implications of an unsafe working environment
- Legal responsibilities with regards to health and safety
- The principles and importance of the risk assessment process
- Acquiring competent health and safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment
- The basic tools of introducing a proactive health and safety culture
The course includes workshop exercises which gives delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety.
A combination of classroom-based theory and tutorials. You will be continuously assessed throughout the day and will have to complete a multiple-choice test. Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
Great correspondace and supportive in any way they could help!