Audit 123 – ISO 14001 Guidance
This ISO 14001 audit checklist guidance accompanies the ISO 14001 workbook, providing auditor’s guidance to aid assessment and decision making during audits, reviews and gap analysis.
It will also provide a valuable resources for those looking for information, support and advice to enable them to implement an environmental management system or for them to function better as an individual in their role supporting the system.
This comprehensive guidance is drawn from the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard and provides detailed insight into what the requirements are and what should be considered when determining conformity with each clause.
This checklist guidance has been published to accompany the workbook and guide auditor decision making, enabling audits to be comprehensive and consistent. The reference numbers in the guidance for ISO 14001 will correspond with those contained in the workbook for ISO 14001.
The publication is wire bound for ease of use, printed in colour and 46 pages:
Chapter 1 – Introduction – page 2
- The Author – ACT
- Overview of ISO 14001
Chapter 2 – How to use the Auditor’s Guidance – page 6
Chapter 3 – Auditor’s Guidance for ISO 14001 – page 9
- Clause 4 – Context of the organisation page 9
- Clause 5 – Leadership page 12
- Clause 6 – Planning page 16
- Clause 7 – Support page 20
- Clause 8 – Operation page 25
- Clause 9 – Performance evaluation page 28
- Clause 10 – Improvement page 33
Chapter 4 – Terms and definitions – page 35
Chapter 5 – Audit 123 – Audit system outline – page 44
Auditor’s Guidance – ISO 14001 – Level One (1)
Clause 5 – Leadership
|5/01||Leadership and commitment||Consider|
|Has the top management of the organization demonstrated leadership and commitment in respect of the EMS management system?
• Taking overall responsibility and accountability for the EMS.
• Establishing an environmental policy and objectives compatible with the organization’s strategic direction.
• Ensuring the integration of EMS requirements into the organization’s business processes.
• Ensuring resources.
• Communicating the importance of environmental management and conforming to EMS requirements.
• Ensuring the EMS achieves its intended outcomes.
• Directing people to contribute and supporting them.
• Promoting continual improvement.
• Supporting other managers to demonstrate leadership.
Our audit checklist workbook and guidance provides an affordable solution for discerning auditors who want to take advantage of our experience and save time in audit preparation.
- Next day delivery is standard for all UK mainland addresses*
- Orders must be placed before 2 pm and delivery times do not include weekends and bank holidays
- A signature will be required upon delivery of the book(s)
*Does not include parts of Scotland (Inverness and the highlands may take longer). We can’t always guarantee next day delivery due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances.