Achieving Behavioural Change (ABC)
This course is for you if you’re required to adopt behavioural change relating to site safety in a construction setting. It provides you with an understanding of how attitude, behaviour, communication and worker engagement, at all levels, can help prevent the chances of accidents occurring.
Contractors, supervisors, workers from all construction trades, workers from non-construction trades, and other trades associated with office extension, fit-out and refurbishment work.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to
- List the basic legal duties of employers and employees
- Define hazards, risks and control measures
- List possible causes of accidents
- Understand the link between attitude and behaviour
- Understand the costs of poor safety performance
- Understand the benefits of good safety performance
- Put ABC into practice using the STAARR and TASK cards – (STAARR) – Stop, Think, Assess, Act, Report, Review and (TASK) -Think first, Act safe, Stop if hazardous and Keep safe
- Legal duties
- Hazard, risk and control
- Causes of accidents
- Attitude and behaviour
- Benefits of getting it right
- Achieving the ABC goal
Multiple-choice assessment paper.
Successful candidates will receive the ABC certificate which is valid for 5 years.
Great correspondace and supportive in any way they could help!